Cylen Wade

 



Cylen Wade is arguably one of the greatest basketball players at SCEC. 


The SCEC shooter and point guard earned the most valuable player award before, and every year getting better than the last. Wade- standing 5 feet 7 inches- became the new face of the SCEC Basketball Team thanks to his devastating 3 point shots, unguardable crossover, and killer dance moves.

SCEC Student Council met up with Wade to talk about his life at Ecumenical playing for the school team and more.


SCEC: Why the you decide to play for the school team in high school?



Wade: I decide to play for the school team because I have a great passion for sports and I wanted exposure.



SCEC: What memory comes to mind when someone asks you about high school basketball?



Wade: The only memory that comes to mind was losing by one (1) point to Sadie Vernon High School in nationals.



SCEC: How did you feel after this loss?



Wade: I felt bad because we lost the game, but at the same time I was proud of myself because I did my very best.



SCEC: What does your daily routine look like? How closely do you attend to that?



Wade: I'm only working right now due to COVID 19 sports is limited. My diet has never changed I only eat less meat.



SCEC: What's going through your head when you're going to take a shot that could decide a game?



Wade: Well, I always hope it goes in but I'm always confident in my shot. So if it misses or goes in I will always be proud of myself.


SCEC: Are you ever afraid of anything?


Wade: Nope...! I was born ready!


SCEC: Any advice for any upcoming players?



Wade: The best advice I could give any upcoming players is always Go The Extra Mile for what you want to accomplish in life. Self-motivation is key and most of all put GOD first in everything you do.




* Copyright © 2021 SCEC Student Council. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog